I keep thinking about writing posts to LJ, but never quite making the time to get them done. Let’s see….
- Con season is sneaking up on me. I’ve RSVP’d for space at ConQuesT and Archon/Nasfic. I’ll show a fair number of originals at both of those shows. To that end…
- I’ve been painting several evenings a week, and at least a half-day on Saturdays and Sundays. I’ve been posting samples on my art blog.
- Thanks to the crappy, colder-than-normal weather we’ve been having, I’m stiff and cranky. I’ve been walking on the treadmill more consistently — that means 3 or 4 times a week for the past two weeks. I’ve been averaging 30 minutes at 2.5 mph at incline level 1, carrying a 1 pound weight in each hand.
- My sweetie is spending some quality time with Uncle Sam for a short bit. On the bright side, he’s in an adjacent time zone where he can get some quality time with his kids (er, teenagers!) in the evenings.
- Before my sweetie went away, he took me out for a fabulous night on the town. We don’t do that sort of thing, well, ever, I suppose. A movie, dinner at McCormick and Schmick’s, and a surprise vase of flowers delivered to the table. He can be quite the romantic when he wants to be.
- Work is wacky wacky! We have only 57 days until our Users Group conference starts. That means we really only have about 30 days before our print deadline, and 45 days before our ship date. Yikes!
- Work has also been berry berry good to me lately. I’ve been with the company a year now. I really like my “new” boss, and I received an excellent annual review and raise. Yeah, me!
I guess that’s good enough for catching up now…. must go paint now…