It was pointed out to me by someone very dear that I haven’t updated this journal in a while. Ah, well, life gets in the way sometimes. Hmmm… since my last entry:
* My tummy troubles turned out to be the gallbladder. I’m on an extremely low-fat, low-fun diet, with the consequences for misbehaving being surgical removal of said gallbladder.
* My honey has been deployed to the Middle East, in a nice safe air-conditioned bunker with the computers. He tells me he’s getting fit, trim, and tan; that his particular location is as hot and humid as a steam bath; and that mess hall food is abundant but boring. I’m just extremely glad he’s a comm officer, and not an average Joe.
* I’m now working days (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) like everyone else, after 9 months on the evening shift. It’s been a tough transition, but I think I’m finally in sync. Of course, the 5-minute commute helps — I can drag myself out of bed at 7:15 and still get my act together, eat a bowl of cereal and be at work by 8.
* My computer crashed right before my honey left town for his uniformed steam bath adventure. I’m still stumbling over missing software and missing drivers. One thing at a time, I suppose.
* I’ve been teaching myself figure drawing, with a mixture of success. I was doing pretty well for a while, but I haven’t been practicing as regularly since mid-July.
Life sometimes just gets in the way. More later.
jeanerjAugust 21, 2003 at 6:24am
Glad to hear all is well with you, despite annoying internal organs, departure of SO, and rioting puters. Figure drawing sounds kewl. I’ve no doubt you will soon excel at it. Missed you at chat.