I’m not exactly missing in action, but I have been a bit preoccupied. Highlights:
* I’m down to the wire in the interview process with two companies. I have a third round of interviews scheduled with both companies on Tuesday. Yes. Both of them. On Tuesday. I’m going to be a very tired camper when I’m done, but it will be worth it. Both companies represent appealing opportunities. The choice will come down to what I want to do with the next few years of my life.
* I’ve been scurrying to get art ready for the art show at Contra, which starts tonight. I’ve decided to show some of my figure drawings, as well as some of the cutesy dragons and such. The dark stuff will be in the print shop. I won’t be staying for the con this year because of a scheduling conflict.
* On Wednesday, November 3, it was 75 degrees here in Kansas City, so I went to the zoo. I took lots of photos of the white tiger that has been on special exhibit. Just like any cat, he just wanted to be left alone to nap. I communed with the orangutan, who simply oozed utter boredom, poor guy. In the Australia exhibit, I spent some time photographing a kangaroo who was nosing around the duck pond. After several minutes, I turned around to find myself surrounded by the entire herd of kangaroos. It was like a scene out of a Hitchcock movie, with fur.
* Last night, I saw Hootie and the Blowfish perform at Harrah’s Voodoo Lounge. They ROCK! These guys are more than what you hear on the radio, folks. They were a local bar band back home in Columbia SC before they hit it big. They can still pump out some seriously rockin’ cover tunes and stage show along with their own songs. They did a killer version of Cheap Trick’s “Surrender” that had Mike singing and dancing. (And when was the last time ANYONE saw Mike dance?)
* Last week I attended the local International Association of Business Communicators (IABC KC) conference. It was a good experience. I pumped my brain full of new info from the professional world, met several interesting people, and won the door prize. Not a bad day at all.
That’s all I have time for at the moment. I’m off to deliver my art to Contra!