It was pointed out to me by someone very dear that I haven’t updated this journal in a while. Ah, well, life gets in the way sometimes. Hmmm… since my last entry:
* My tummy troubles turned out to be the gallbladder. I’m on an extremely low-fat, low-fun diet, with the consequences for misbehaving being surgical removal of said gallbladder.
* My honey has been deployed to the Middle East, in a nice safe air-conditioned bunker with the computers. He tells me he’s getting fit, trim, and tan; that his particular location is as hot and humid as a steam bath; and that mess hall food is abundant but boring. I’m just extremely glad he’s a comm officer, and not an average Joe.
* I’m now working days (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) like everyone else, after 9 months on the evening shift. It’s been a tough transition, but I think I’m finally in sync. Of course, the 5-minute commute helps — I can drag myself out of bed at 7:15 and still get my act together, eat a bowl of cereal and be at work by 8.
* My computer crashed right before my honey left town for his uniformed steam bath adventure. I’m still stumbling over missing software and missing drivers. One thing at a time, I suppose.
* I’ve been teaching myself figure drawing, with a mixture of success. I was doing pretty well for a while, but I haven’t been practicing as regularly since mid-July.
Life sometimes just gets in the way. More later.