Time is fleeting…. but I’m still here. I’ve begun the long slog through a grueling series of commitments.
– Two weeks ago, it was prepping art for and attending ConQuesT.
– Since then, I’ve been prepping materials for three major, simultaneous work events, including our user group meeting. I’ll be on site at that conference beginning this weekend and returning late next week. My coworker is very tightly wound, and my patience is wearing thin.
– Next, at roughly two-week intervals, comes the Heinlein Conference, Conestoga, and Archon/Nasfic.
And I’m already tired.
– I enjoyed ConQuesT, even though I was booked solid on programming the entire weekend. The arthritis had me moving a little slow anyway, so my new cane got its first outing. It actually did make a difference, I think. I used it mostly for balance, which kept me from doing stupid things like zigging when I should have zagged.
– The ConQuesT art show was disappointing. It didn’t get much traffic in its new location, so my sales were about one-third of what I normally expect there.
– I’ve sent art to Soonercon for the printshop, and will have art at Conestoga (attending), Inconjunction (mail-in) and Archon/Nasfic (attending). I’ve been in contact with a few other cons, but haven’t yet secured by space reservations.
– Mischief and Mayhem are still incredibly cute, especially when they are shoulder-to-shoulder with their noses pressed to the porch screen, wishing they could reach out and snatch that bunny rabbit. Or bird. Or bug. Doesn’t make a lot of difference — it’s all very fine entertainment for them.
– My sweetie is all geared up for his trip to the UK with his kids. He bought himself a new toy: a Garmin Nuvi that he’s decked out as a simulacrum of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, with “Don’t Panic” written in bright friendly letters on the cover, er, opening screen and a friendly British narrator voice.
More later. Perhaps much later. I’m behind on leaving comments, too, but I’m still browsing my friends journals when I get random spare moments.
geekmomJune 8, 2007 at 9:00pm
I sold….. nothing. Yay. And I was back-to-back programmed, too.
geekmomJune 8, 2007 at 10:01pm
It was in a bad location, because they’d put the gaming tournament where it was normally located.
allisonsteinJune 21, 2007 at 3:57am
From what I could tell, the gamers would have fit into the far side meeting rooms just fine. Oh well. Not my problem, right?
allisonsteinJune 21, 2007 at 3:59am
I’d be happy to sell you prints, anytime, anyplace, and I trust Ruth completely. I have an art blog, but I haven’t updated it with available prints lately. I’ll drop you a note when it’s ready to view. Would that work?
mckitterickJune 21, 2007 at 4:12am