Looking forward to attending my favorite convention: SoonerCon! I have art in the show, and here’s my programming schedule:
Friday June 7
- 5pm — Thrifty Revisions: Adding SF Genre Elements to Thrift Store Paintings. Artists insert genre elements or monsters into reclaimed paintings and prints. Final works are up for sale in the Charity Sale and Auction.
- 8pm — World Peace Through Chocolate Art Reception. Award-winning SF/F artists host a viewing of the region’s largest SF/F art show. Light desserts provided.
Saturday June 8
- 10am — Live Figure-Drawing Studio. A beginner’s guide to human anatomy for figure drawing, with emphasis on proportion, scale, and symmetry. Bring your sketchbooks and tablets!
- 1pm — Build a SyFy™ Saturday Night. Panelists spin the wheel for wacky plotline components and actor combinations, and create an original (and crap-tastic) Saturday Night SyFy™ feature!
- 2pm — Top Priority: Self-Care for Artists. If you want to be a productive and happy artist, you have to take care of yourself! If you’re not healthy, happy, well-rested, well-fed and hydrated, your work will suffer. Our panel discusses things to do to make self-care a part of your daily routine!
Sunday June 9
- 11am — Readings: Comedy